Tuesday, December 8, 2009

He gets it

I recently came across a wonderful sermon about infertility on one of the infertility forums I belong to. Click here for a link to it. This is definitely one of the best sermons I have heard about this topic. On second thought, I think it's maybe the only sermon I've heard specifically about infertility.

I LOVE the following things about this sermon:

- there is a message for everyone
- instead of going on and on about the typical infertiles in the bible and how eventually God answered their prayers, he talks about the real anguish of infertility and that at the end of the road, there isn't always a baby.
- he uses PROVERBS 30: 15 - 16, my ultimate favorite verse about infertility, I didn't think anyone else even knew this verse existed. When the "grave" and "barren womb" are associated in the same sentence, you know the author "gets it".
- His intro. just sums it all up. It cuts like a knife, because it's so true and we feel every hurt that he is describing. I love that he talks about Christmas cards, things that are so small, yet so hurtful for us.
- I LOVE that he addresses how the Church should respond.
- How he stresses that infertility is NOT God's plan.

If you are an IF sister and have not heard this sermon, please check it out. I cried through most of it, in fact I can't get through the first minute without crying. But it was a good cry. I heard someone else, a man at that, describe everything that I've felt. It makes me wonder if he has gone through this because I don't know how else he could talk about IF this way.

If you are not an IF sister, please, please take about 20-30 minutes to listen. His message is addressed to you as well. He also gives such great insight as to how to help (or not help, if you know what I mean), in particular, how to bear each other's burdens. This applies to anyone. If you know anyone dealing with IF, you may even want to pass this link along. I can't even tell you how much this sermon touched me and with Christmas coming up, usually a very, very hard time for those of us who long for children, this may be a great encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment