Monday, November 1, 2010

I am really trying to remain hopeful, but things are just really hard right now. We do not see eye to eye and it's really tearing at both of us. I don't understand how we can both feel so passionately about two completely different paths. I don't understand how I can feel that God is totally leading me one way, and my husband feels like God is leading him in another. Neither of us is bending. This road would be so much more bearable if we were on it together. If this continues I doubt I will ever be a mother.

4 comments:

  1. Praying, praying, praying Noelle. I am just so sorry you and Mike are having to walk through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you. i understand how you are feeling. my dh and i are both at odds right now too on our next steps and its killing me. keep praying and know that you will find a way to reach your goals. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I may, let me offer a little antedocte from my own life. When we started trying to have kids and were not successful, my husband was really leaning toward adoption. I was able to get there relatively easy because I knew I wanted to be a mom more than be pregnant. 7 months after we were on the list, our son was born to us. He is now 2. For our second child, I wanted to do IVF again (the first one failed). My husband was adamantly opposed. I tried and tried to get him to see things my way. He refused. I begged, pleaded. He insisted no more fertility treatment. God continued to grow embryo adoption as an option in my heart, and I presented it to my husband. To my surprise, he was much more open to it than IVF (lot had to do with the cost). Long story short, we pursued it, and are now 9 weeks pregnant. My point is that I truly believe God opens the doors in our hearts (and our husbands) and closes those that all eventually lead us to His destiny for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there. i'm so sorry. i'm praying for you and your husband. it is so hard when you are not on the same page whether it is grieving or deciding what road to take. it isn't easy or fun. praying that God will continue to guide you guys in an obvious way.

    ReplyDelete