Sunday, November 21, 2010

35 reasons

I need to make this list because despite the h*ll that is IF, there are so many things that make me really happy, and for which I am so thankful. I don't write about them often on this blog because this is my Debby Downer blog. I usually don't write here unless I am having a really bad day or there are things about IF that are currently getting me really down. Since I only post a couple times a month, I think that does say something about the other 28 days or so of my life each month! IF is a constant burden, but there are things in life that make that burden a bit easier to bear.

So, in lieu of my 35th birthday and Thanksgiving (and in no particular order), here are the things or reasons for which I am thankful:

1. A God who loves me, forgives me, keeps me in the palm of His hand and who is unchanging.
2. My husband who is a great partner in life.
3. My family
4. Dahlia, who provides many laughs every day, and makes everything better just by looking at her because of her adorableness
5. My cozy bed in the morning
6. chocolate
7. Sun pouring through our kitchen windows - thank God for southern facing windows!
8. The smell of coffee in the morning.
9. My mom's voice on the other end of the phone
10. Memories of my dear grandpa saying "have a good night and have a good dream"
11. Dear friends who love me through thick and thin
12. sitting in my rocker, feeling the warmth of the fireplace while engrossed in a good book.
13. My amazing aunts, uncles and cousins who bring joy to my heart at all of our gatherings.
14. good music. really good music turned up loud.
15. When God's truth jumps out at me through His Word and my whole being responds with a "yes!"
16. That I can get out of bed and walk and carry on with my day without the help of a nurse, without IV's hooked up to me, without being attached to some sort of machine, without a box full of pills to take....
17. That both of our fathers survived heart attacks and triple by-pass heart surgery in 2009.
18. I have enough clothes to wear, food to eat and a roof over my head...every day.
19. God's creativity as shown in the intricate design of my favorite flower.
20. For my education and work experience.
21. Nights when I can enjoy a glass of wine with good company.
22. All 5 of my senses work.
23. living in the U.S.A. and being able to enjoy the freedoms we have
24. being married to someone who knows what it's like to not have #23 and learning from his perspective.
25. For having in-laws that I get along with, who are loving and giving and who raised an amazing son.
26. For the opportunity to travel to different countries and all over the U.S.
27. pumpkin pie
28. camping under the stars and seeing the awesome universe God created.
29. great neighbors who have welcomed us and befriended us.
30. A quiet day when I can watch my favorite movie with my doggy on my lap.
31. Good friends who like to meet for coffee and talk politics, religion and shoes.
32. a soft breeze flowing through my open windows, God's way of bringing nature indoors.
33. I've been able to celebrate 5 years of marriage with an amazing man.
34. Hearing "I love you" every single day. Hearing it from more than 1 person on some days.
35. Celebrating the gift of life - 35 years of it!

1 comment:

  1. Noelle, this is beautiful. Your list made me smile, completely. I wish we could meet for coffee this week and talk politics, religion and shoes :) This is such a great list... makes me want to give some serious thought to my list now, so thanks for the reminder to give thanks.

    ReplyDelete