On the bridge between where I've been, and where I want to go in this long and difficult journey of Infertility.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
35
Yesterday I turned 35. 35, childless....not where I thought I'd be 16 years ago when I graduated high school, not where I thought I'd be 12 years ago when I graduated college, not where I thought I'd be 5 years ago when I got married. Sometimes life just doesn't turn out like you thought it would. No one thinks IF will be a part of their life, I had no reason to think it would be a part of mine. If only I could tell my former self what to expect...If only I could have been a little more prepared. But how to do you foresee it? When I was young I thought my life would go well and that I'd do what most women do, get married and have a family. If only I could warn myself that life would be hard and full of disappointment, maybe I could have tried to become a stronger person before all of the hurt arrived.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sorry! i turned 36 last week. it sucked. i wrote a very similar post. i hope that you can find some peace. but do know that you are strong. you are surviving this, even if it doesn't seem like it.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for how you are feeling and your pain and disappointment. I can relate in so many ways. We adopted our son 2 years ago, and are now preggers through embryo adoption. If you'd ever like to chat offline, I'm here. bacolton@hotmail.com
ReplyDelete