Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Stash

Just thought I'd upload these. These were very intimidating at first, but now that I am halfway done, it's really not so bad! I'm currently on CD 11 and stim day 9. I started injectables on Friday. The only oral drugs I have to take are the three you see there in the bottles. The rest of the "package" is all for my injections (needles, syringes, alcohol wipes, etc.). During my first injection I almost fainted! I don't always do well with needles, but needles and I have become good buddies. For the first one, Mike was about to stab me and I seriously almost blacked out. Then I realized this was ridiculous and that I needed to just do it myself because the worse part is the anticipation (for me). I was right, I hardly felt it at all and now after three days of 2 shots a day, I feel like a pro.

We are making progress. I have 5 visible follicles growing and my hormone levels are where they need to be. Praise GOD! We are so thankful to just be in this process and can't believe that we have even made it this far. We just have to pray that these follies produce eggs!!!! I won't be producing the high number of follies and eggs that some other women do (about 8-10 per ovary) because of my high fsh, so I just have to pray that the ones we get will be good and strong and make good embies!!!!!!

The more I go through and learn about this process, the more I realize how miraculous it is. There are so many amazing steps that happen along the way that neither we nor the doctor has any control over, it just amazes me. We have no control over how many follicles or eggs I will produce, we have no control once the eggs are fertilized - they have to grow and multiply all on their own. We have no control over the embryos once they are placed in my uterus, they have to attach and continue to grow on their own. It truly is a series of little miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment