Sunday, September 6, 2009

You take the good you take the bad

you take them both and there you have....the facts of an infertile life.

My biopsy last Monday was NOT FUN. Apparently my cervix is really small/tight. When my RE put the catheter in it hurt, very much like the HSG, so I was expecting it, but then the hurt did not go away, and then it got worse and worse! My RE said I needed to be sedated to tolerate the rest, and I was like YES, take this pain AWAY! I was never so happy to get a shot in my life. He also did an ultrasound just to check on things and I did end up have another cyst on my right ovary again. I don't remember much of the appointment so I had to depend on DH to recount everything else for me once the sedative wore off. since I wasn't planning on having the sedation, I ate that morning and ended up getting very sick. I threw up twice at the office and twice on the way home - yuck!

Fast forward to Friday. I went in for a 2nd ultrasound to check on the cyst after AF started. Still there. I am on BCP's for the month and we are probably going to have the cyst aspirated. The good news though is that my integrin biopsy and my blood tests all turned out good.

In summary, the bad: cyst on right ovary, on BCP's for the month. The good: we have a plan and tentative schedule for IVF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment