Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Recovery

My hysteroscopy went ok. I was in a LOT of immense pain right after the procedure. I think to date it may be the worse pain I've ever felt, even worse than after my LAP, which was an actual surgery (and I have four scars to prove it). I'm sure narcotics have a role to play in my lack of pain for that though. I got a huge dose of ibuprofen and that helped. It took me a good two days to fully recover, which is longer than I thought. I wasn't immobile or anything, but just not comfortable, like having really bad cramps for two days straight that you can't do anything about.

I had two polyps removed my from uterus. My RE decided not to aspirate the cyst because it had actually shrunk to a size too small that it wasn't worth it.

I am really debating how much I want to write about IVF, as far as specific dates and things. It's still a very personal thing to go through. If it works, like many pregnant women, we probably wouldn't make an announcement for 10-12 weeks anyways. If it doesn't work, then I know we will need our space and will not feel like fielding all of the well-meaning inquiries "did it work?" or "how did it go?"

At the same time, I would love to fill everyone in on the process. I'm sure you all would love to hear about the wonderful four injectable drugs I have to take, like the one Mike has to give me in the lower back that has a needle about, oh, 2-3 inches long, or the others I have to give myself in the stomach. Not only do I have to puncture myself I have to inject myself with a foreign substance. I'm sure everyone will want to know about the lovely side effects, like the horrendous mood swings, the night sweats, the headaches and nausea. Heck, pregnant people feel at liberty to share all of those things whether you want to hear about them or not, maybe it's time I return the favor?

Maybe I'll just play it by ear. I will probably be too busy trying to keep up with all of the drugs and appointments I won't have time to write about it anyways!

1 comment:

  1. Noelle, I love your honesty!! I'll be praying and if you feel like sharing, we'll be reading and hoping and following along with you and if you don't, we'll respect your privacy and hope for a very fun announcement in the near future! :)

    ReplyDelete