Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The move and surgery

Tomorrow is the big day. The movers will be here at 8:00 am. I can't say how unbelievably grateful I am that Mike's company is paying for our move. I've moved quite a few times, before getting married I lived in three different apartments. Granted, I didn't have anywhere near the amount of stuff we have now as a married couple, it was still so much work! The packers will be here Thursday and Friday to pack, and then they will load and move on Monday. Our items will stay in storage while we wait to close on our new house (Aug. 25th). In the meantime, we will live with my parents.

My surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, July 26th - one day after the movers take our stuff! I plan to go to my parents this weekend and Mike will stay here with the movers until Monday the 25th and as soon as the moving van takes off he will come back to my parents house. Although I've had a LAP before, i am still a little nervous. Last time, I was scared because I had no idea what to expect, I've never had surgery before of any kind. This time, I know what to expect and I am not looking forward to it, especially since I may have a full laporotomy, not just LAP, which will be a longer hospital stay and longer recovery. I also have to do a bowel prep this time, yuck. Never done one of those before and it doesn't sound nice. I am also nervous about what the doctor is going to find. Did the endo cause any damage to my uterus or ovary? Will he end up having to take out my ovary all together? I guess I am no worse for the wear if he does since my left ovary only causes trouble. I really just want to get this over with. At least I will have a month at my parents to fully recover before we move into the new house. Although, I am sure I will need to recover again from living with my parents! :)

Last week we met some new people and they asked us if we had kids, my husband said no, but that we will be hopefully adopting soon. It took me by surprise because, although we've talked about it and agreed that we would start looking into it after the move, we haven't really told anyone that we were thinking about it, it's never been verblized with others. So, even though I am nervous about surgery, I know no matter what happens, we have chosen a path, and I am looking forward to starting on it!

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you guys, Noelle! I hope the move goes as smoothly as a move can go :) And, I will be praying for you with the surgery, too. And, how awesome that Mike is verbalizing the adoption thing!!! This is what you've been waiting and praying for and what a sweet answer to prayer that his heart has opened to this. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that your lap went smoothly today and you are recovering well! I hope the move has gone well too!

    ReplyDelete