We have a big weekend coming up.
1) Saturday is our 6 year anniversary. Life is so abnormal right now due to our move, I haven't had much room in my brain to even think about our anniversary. Maybe I've just been shoving my emotions aside because this particular anniversary is very bittersweet. It marks our 5 year anniversary of TTC. Sniff sniff......I hate that our most precious day is also marked by the one thing that causes so much misery in our lives and in our marriage. It dawned on me that almost our ENTIRE marriage has been marked with the sadness of IF - that's just so WRONG! Despite this, I do hope to have a wonderful day with my DH. Even amongst our ups and downs, I have so much to be thankful for and I love him so much, I am so grateful to be able to celebrate 6 years of marriage with him. My prayers for this year is that we become even stronger as a couple, that our relationship with each other and the Lord will grow closer and more intimate and that we will take joy in all of the blessings we have, and most of all in each other!
2) We have an open house on Sunday. Our house has been on the market for two months. We have been living apart for three months and it is starting to take it's toll on us ( and particularly on my DH, who is living with my parents - eek!) We are so anxious to get this house sold so we can live together again and return to a more normal routine.
3) not really part of the weekend, but close enough - on Monday I will be getting a 2nd opinion for my LAP surgery. I will be traveling down to Milw. with DH on Sunday and staying with my parents for a couple days. The main reason i want to get another opinion is that it could possibly turn into a more serious surgery, an actual laparotomy and would include a longer hospital stay and recovery. Because of the location of the endo, my doctor thinks it may be difficult to get to. So, since it seems like a bigger ordeal than my last surgery, I think it will be worth it just to see what another doctor will say. I just wish I didn't have to go through this in the summer.....who wants to be laid up when it's sunny and gorgeous outside? last time I had a lap, I was up and around in couple days, and back to work after 7 days, but it still took a good 4-6 weeks, if not more, before I felt back to normal. Who wants to deal with that over the summer????? Also, I don't know if I want to wait until we move (my dr. said it isn't urgent and that I can have the surgery once we move and get settled). I am still in pain and don't know how long I can hold off on it.
DH and I still have a lot to work through. I know sometimes I need to be reminded that there is still a whole life outside of IF that needs to be nurtured and cared for. With being apart and other stresses, I know I've kind of let some things fall through the cracks. When Dh comes home for the weekend, we have barely have time to reconnect with each other because he has to catch up with everything (mail, unpacking, re-packing, taking care of anything on the house, doing any other errands he can't get to during the week). it's just hard living like this. Praying that our house sells soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment