My husband accepted different job and we will be moving again, back to Milwaukee. We haven't even been in this house a year, in fact we will be putting it up for sale almost exactly one year after we bought it. So, the next few months will be consumed with selling the house, finding a new one, moving, quitting my current job, getting a new one....it's a bit overwhelming.
I am not upset we are moving. We do like the area we live in right now, it's nice, and I love our house. We would have been happy staying here, truthfully. But, I am also excited to be moving back "home". Other than our jobs and about 3 friends, we really didn't get established here that much. We found a church we liked, but we were just attenders and didn't really get involved. So, I don't feel like I am leaving much behind, I don't feel attached to this area.
I do have to admit......I did at times envision our guest room as a baby room. I had it laid out as to where I would put the furniture and my grandpa's slider-rocking chair. It make me a little sad that we will be saying goodbye to 2nd house that was void of children. We have a finished basement and I also dreamed of the day when I could turn it into a playroom for our kids. But, those dreams won't get realized. I also don't know where TTC falls into place now. Mike will be living in Milwaukee while I stay here with the house until it sells. We aren't going to purchase a house before selling this one, like we were able to do last year. Mike also only has 30 days of temporary housing assistance vs. 3 months like last year. He is going to try to stay with a friend, or maybe even with my parents during the week until we find something. So, we will only see each other on weekends.
We are happy about this new position for him though, it is a huge answer to prayer and we are very thankful for God's faithfulness. This job practically fell in his lap, he had just started to look for jobs and a head hunter contacted him about this one. They offered him more than he was asking for, and they are paying for our move and realtor fees, which we are very happy with! So, even though it's overwhelming right now, we are excited about this move.
congrats on the move back 'home'. hoping when things settle down and you find your new home that it will have a baby room for you to fill. but maybe all this change will be a nice distraction for a while?
ReplyDeleteSO happy for you and Mike, even though more transition is stressful. I agree with Kathleen- maybe this will be a much needed distraction for a while and who knows what type of amazing blessings the Lord has for you ahead :) Praying always for you two.
ReplyDeleteI gave you a blog award!
ReplyDelete