Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Here's to nothing.

I had a follow up appointment with my regular OBGYN today. In June I went to see her to get an ultrasound because I was having a lot of pain and symptoms of another cyst. It turned out I did have two cysts on my left ovary, one looked functional - meaning it would probably dissolve with my next cycle, the other looked like it could be endo. I was very nervous going into today's appointment because I really really thought for sure that cyst had gotten bigger. I was having all of the normal cyst symptoms, lots of pain, spotting and short cycles (for the past 2 months).

So I went in for my ultrasound, and I can see the screen as the technician (who I love, she is super sweet and she always does my ultrasounds) is moving the wand around and I am just waiting to see that big, black hole flash up on the screen and I am waiting and waiting....and there was NOTHING!!!!! I don't think I've ever had an ultrasound without ANY cysts. It was a beautiful sight. I know, most people cry over seeing a heart beat on a screen, something I think about everytime I get an ulstrasound, how I can't even imagine what it's like to actually have an ultrasound to see a baby, but here I am crying because I see absolutely nothing! I have been endometriosis free for 15 months! Oh, and I did have my FSH tested again. I was on CD 3 today so I figured I might as well have it done. I am SUPER nervous to get the results tomorrow.

Tomorrow we also go to see our new RE. I am very nervous and anxious. I don't want to get my hopes on IVF because he may take one look at my FSH and say forget it, but it's worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment