Sunday, July 19, 2009

Change in plans....what else is new?

Of course, like most infertility rollercoaster rides, I tried to take one step in our journey and there has been a change of plans, all in the matter of 1 day. So typical. I made an appointment to get my FSH levels tested again. I read somewhere (which we didn't get this information from my RE of course because he was too busy trying to sell us donor eggs after he told me mine were useless) that you should have your FSH tested every 6 months. Well, it's been 7 and I've been feeling emotionally ready to do such a thing, even if the results are bad. I called my OBGYN, not my RE, on Thursday and asked if I could come in for a day 3 FSH. I confirmed with the nurse that It would most likely be next Wednesday (hoping that my cycle was 27 days like the last 2 cycles were meaning AF would come on Monday). Sure enough, I started spotting on Thursday and AF showed up on Friday, CD 24. A short cycle.

I decided that I don't want to have any strikes against me before I even show up for the blood test, so I nix'd this cycle. I can test next cycle. I have not been taking my TCM regularly for the past two months or so. when I was taking it regularly, along with accupuncture, my cycles were 29-32 days long. Anyways, I know it probably doesn't really make much difference in the grand scheme of things, but I will try again next month. It's not like we will be able to do anything with my results anyways. With FSH of 30, we are WAY, WAY past the point of being written off for any fertility treatments. But, I really just wanted to see for my own curiosity. Did the TCM help any? Am I getting worse (as my RE said I would)? #$%& my RE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment